Our Mission, Vision and Values
At Highland Park Middle School, it is our mission is to:
- provide our students with a sense of community and global perception in a nurturing and caring learning environment.
- help students acquire the skills necessary to value themselves, and take pride in their accomplishments.
- develop respect and understanding of other people and their cultures.
Through a diversified curriculum, all students will develop the skills, knowledge, and understanding to become lifelong learners.
Imagine a school where all students and families feel valued; where all students meet and exceed standards; where all students are engaged in rigorous academics integrated with enriching opportunities.
In order to achieve our mission and vision of high achievement for all our students we will…
- promote a positive school climate that ensures all staff, students and families feel welcome, safe and valued.
- communicate with students, families and the community to encourage involvement.
- acknowledge the accomplishments of our students and staff.
- offer activities and programs that expand our understanding and appreciation of other cultures.
- ensure student learning by offering courses that both challenge students and meet their needs.
- use a common language to promote shared understanding of expectations.
- provide experiences that offer a global perspective, expand our understanding of other cultures and build internationally minded students.
- work collaboratively with each other to identify the essential standards and create classrooms that continually reflect best practice.