Skip To Main Content

Toggle Close Container

Triggers Container

Toggle Schools Canvas

Toggle Site Info Canvas

Mobile Translate

Mobile Main Nav

Mobile Utility

Header Holder

Header Right Column

Header Right Top

Toggle Schools Canvas

Toggle Site Info Canvas


Utility Nav - Desktop

Header Right Bottom

Toggle Search Canvas

Toggle Canvas Menu

Canvas Menus

District Canvas Menu


school & Program

Site Info Canvas


Get in Touch with

contact us

975 Snelling Avenue South
St. Paul


Get In Touch Navigation

Search Canvas

Horizontal Nav



A list of resources in the community is provided below.  We try to update these resources periodically, but if you find that information is incorrect, please let us know.

Thank you,

Amy Austin, Emily Klatt and Carissa Franklin
School Social Workers



The Beacon Clinic (651-583-7899)  Highland Park

Children's Crisis - 651-771-0076--open 24 hours everyday

Family Innovations - (in home individual/family counseling). 612-924-3807  (takes various insurances)

Find a Therapist  (can specify by area, insurance, ages, needs) or or

Highland Park Counseling Associates -  (651) 690-0953 Works with adolescents and adults. Group or individual work. DBT Counseling.

Miriam Itzkowitz -  IS Counseling. She works with adolescents and adults on a range of issues including depression, anxiety, trauma, and behavioral concerns. (612) 234-7647 or contact

For a list of mentor programs in the metro area, go to Mentoring Works or call Mentoring Partnership of Minnesota at # 612-370-9180   (Mentoring Partnership of Minnesota) Click on Find a Program Tab. Put in your zipcode. And up pops mentoring programs close to your student's home. If you click on details next to mentoring program, they list the contact person and more information about the program.

Minnesota Center for Psychology - 2324 University Ave W, Suite 120 St. Paul, MN 55114 - 651-644-4100 Offers a variety of services for children and their families including the Children and Adolescent Social Skills Therapy Groups, Individual and Family Therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT), Play Therapy, Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS; individual and group skills training), Adolescent Girls' Therapy Group, Feelings Management Group, and Adolescent Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).

Sarah Pavek - (651) 470-3098 - Counseling for kids 3 years old and older. Works too with selectively mute children. Play therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, family therapy - accepts insurance and offer sliding fee.

Peaces n' Puzsouls - Sheila Sweeney, MSW, LICSW  (Midway Area, St. Paul) #651-797-4094

Sue Sexton Therapy 651-895-5588– Sue Sexton, M.A., Licensed Psychologist (DBT Therapy). Has experience working in elementary and high school settings, outpatient mental health clinics, and therapeutic group home settings; understanding the full range of developmental and mental health needs of children and adolescents (4-18 years).  Specializes in alleviating symptoms of depression, anxiety, trauma, ADHD, bullying, autism and aspergers, low frustration tolerance or anger management struggles, grief and loss, life changes/transitions, and self-other injurious behaviors.  Accepts many health insurances (in and out of network), self-pay, and provides a sliding fee that is negotiable to the client’s financial situation (ranging between $65-$100/session).  Website: and email:

Dr. Alyssa Vang - AKV Psychological and Consulting Services, LLC  in Woodbury - Ph: (651) 283-3794

Wilder Child Guidance Center- 651-280-2310

Counseling for Families/Youth with No Insurance or Financial Means

PORTICO Health Net (651- 603-5100)-an agency that helps you determine what insurance you qualify for and helps you complete the applications.

Project Assist through Ramsey County - 771-1301 x1005   (school support staff need to refer families/children)

Grief and Loss Counseling

Thad Wilderson & Associates, 651-225-8997 

Counseling for Autistic Youth

George Abrahms - 651-647-5722 (specializes in working with autistic youth)

Autism Society of Minnesota - 651-647-1083 call for more info on resources or website is for workshops for caregivers.

East Metro Family Counseling LLC, Mitch Leppicello, LICSW (Woodbury) 651-408-5132

Hispanic Mentoring/Counseling Services (Spanish Speaking)

Canvas Health - 

Su Familia -   1301 E 7th St, St Paul, MN 55106  (651) 332-5500

Theft Programs (Counseling)

Johnny Allen with JK Movement Program for females ages 8 years to 14 years old - 612-275-0804



Adult Crisis – 651-266-7900 (24 hours) – mobile crisis team that comes to the home to work with adults 18+

Child Protection - 651-266-4500 (Option 1)

Children Crisis Response -  

Crisis Connection -612-379-6363 (24 hours) 

Hennepin County Adult Crisis (COPE) -  612-348 -4111- 24 hour crisis outreach services for adults in Hennepin County

Hennepin County Parent Support Program - 612-998-0281  (scroll down and click on parent support outreach program)

Mobile Crisis Team 651-774-7000, open 24 hours. Team can come out to the home if needed to devise a plan of action with family. Works with kids 17 years old and younger

Runaways -  Call Police at 651-266-5960 or 651-266-5646 to make a report over the phone 

Project REACH (St. Paul School District) - 651-632-3788 (can help families with children in St. Paul schools who are homeless)



Domestic Violence Crisis Line (Shelters) 1-866-223-1111

Ramsey County 651-299-5130 (Order for Protection)

St. Paul Intervention 651-645-2824

24 Hour Crisis Line 651-227-9966



Eating Disorder Assistance: TAMS (Teenage Medical Service) Children's Hospital. They accept insurance and have an eating disorder program for kids. #612-813-6125

Emily's Program (Snelling Avenue) This is an eating disorder program for junior high kids. They accept insurance. #651-645-5323

Health Start Clinic at Highland Park Senior High has a nutritionist and social worker who work together and see students (individually) who are at risk for having an eating disorder and/or who already have one. Their number is 651-690-7667



Mental Health Association of Minnesota: (612) 331-6840 --The Mental Health Association offers wonderful free education and advocacy/assistance for mental illness related issues.

MN Adopt   Lists programs and support services for families with an adopted child

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK.

Suicide Awareness: (952) 946-7998--This program helps with suicide-related issues.

Talking with Your Kids about Tough Issues
United Way 211 (# 651-291-0211)--call this agency to locate any kind of social service assistance (mentoring, counseling, after school programs, etc). Can also access



Emergency Food Shelf

Keystone 651-917-3939

Neighborhood House - 651-789-3630/789-5247

Paul/Sheila Wellstone Center - 651-789-2500

Rice Street Food Shelf - 651-917-3939

Second Harvest Heartland - 651- 209-7963  - Food bank and programs that help you apply for food stamps (SNAP program)

United Way 211 - 651-291-0211 - data base of any need - call and they can tell you about any program and services/help in the metro area.



Alley Shop – 651-776-8708 need social worker referral

Arlington Hills Lutheran Church  1115 Greenbrier Street; Saint Paul, MN 55106; Phone: (651) 771-5501  Requirements: need referral from school social worker; Hours: Tuesday, 9:30 am – 1:00 pm (September through May)

Catholic Charities   651-222-1787

Coats for Kids - Families must register ONLY on Oct 25, 2012. Call the Coats for Kids Hotline to learn where your location is - 651-746-3412.  Families must bring - picture ID of parent, current piece of mail with your address on it, ID for each child (insurance card, birth certificate, school ID, social security card - copies of IDs are okay). Families with dependent children ages 10-17 years old.

Dayton Avenue Presbyterian Church 217 Mackubin Street; Saint Paul, MN 55102; Phone(651) 227-7389 Hours: First and Third Saturday, 9am-11am. Provides clothing and support services for Native American, African American, and refugees.

God's Closet 820 White Bear Avenue; Saint Paul, MN 55119; Methodist Church; Requirements: photo identification; Limitations: 2 bags; Phone (651) 771-4627; Hours:Monday, Wednesday Friday, 10am-2pm; EASTSIDE only

Joseph's Coat 1107 West Seventh Street; Saint Paul, MN 55102; requirements: photo identification; *can shop once a week*  Phone (651) 291-2472 - Hours: Monday and Wednesday 9 am - 4:30 pm , Second Saturday every month 9am-1pm (need social worker referral)

Listening House in Saint Joseph's Hospital 215 9th Street; Saint Paul, MN 55105 - requirements: sign in at opening -restrictions: Only Adult resources; Phone: (651) 227-5911; Hours: Monday at 12:45, Tuesday at 12:45, Wednesday at 9am, Friday at 9am

Saint Paul Reformation Church Requirements Food Shelf 100 North Oxford; Saint Paul MN, 55104 Phone: (651) 251-9015; Call to make appointment; Photo identification; Current Mail to prove address


Food & Clothes Shelf - No Requirements for Clothes

Sharing Korner - 595 Arundel Street; Saint Paul MN 55103 ; Call Beforehand Phone (651) 293-1931; Adults: 18 and older need photo identification, and current mail; Children: medical form, social security card; Hours: Monday, Wednesday  Friday, and Saturday 9am - 11:30am

Swap Shop, Church of Saint Luke; 1065 Summit Avenue; Saint Paul, MN 55105  Phone: (651) 227-7669; Hours: Saturday, 1pm – 3pm



Ramsey County Funeral Assistance: 651-266-4444 or contact financial worker. This MUST happen before making any arrangements



Goodwill Industries - 1361 South Robert Street  651-451-2014

Salvation Army - St. Paul (1019 Payne Avenue - 651-776-2653 or 401 West 7th Street - 651-224-6946) Call for an appointment. Monday through Fridays from 8am - 12pm and 1pm-4pm. Need to provide photo ID and piece of current mail. Must be moving out of a shelter, new from out of town or had a recent crisis.   May provide vouchers for furniture to use at store.

Sharing and Caring Hands- 525 N. 7th Street in Minneapolis. 612-338-4640.  Monday Mornings - they open at 10:15am but suggested that you stand in line at 8:30am. First come, first serve. Please bring a copy of a lease (which is less than 1 month old) and a social security card. You can get up to 2 twin and 2 full beds. You need to transport beds yourself.


HEALTH INSURANCE/MEDICAL OPTIONS  - go to this link to see about low cost medication options - Ramsey County - Apply for Medical Assistance - call 651-266-4444

CLUES - 651-379-4200

Portico: 2610 University Ave West Suite 550; St. Paul, Mn 55114-2117 - (651) 603-5100 **Will help families apply for health insurance like MN Care and Medical Assistance**  Interpreters Available.  8am - 4:30pm Mon - Fri.

For Native American families - Please call - Mashkiki Waakaaigan Pharmacy at 1433 East Franklin Ave. South Suite 13B in Minneapolis, MN 55404. Phone is 612-871-1989

St Mary's Clinics (651-690-7029) which is free for under-insured and uninsured individuals and families also can provide medication when warranted



ADOPT A FAMILY PROGRAM - Contact your local Salvation Army Office to register. If you do not know the contact for your local office you can call 651-746-3412 to find out information on your local Salvation Army office. Registration for this program is anytime October 1st- October 31st and no registrations will be taken after October 31st. Many locations will be having a one day registration. Contact your local Salvation Army ASAP to find out the registration date 

SALVATION ARMY CLEARING HOUSE (Formerly OPERATION JOY):  This is for the Holiday (Christmas, etc) for parents in need of toys for their children. Over the phone registration. Please call  651-746-3595 to register. Call from Nov 3 - Dec 5 from 9am - 4pm. Interpreters available. Eligibility Requirements - have a child age 14 or younger living in your home and you must live in Ramsey, Hennepin, Anoka, Washington, or Dakota Counties.  Families must provide names and birthdates for everyone in household. Once registered, the family will receive an appointment card in the mail that tells you where and when to pick up the toys.  

THANKSGIVING BASKETS -   Union Gospel Mission   435 E. University Avenue in St. Paul  --Please bring - a photo ID and a current piece of mail.  Oct 29, 30, 31 and November 5, 6, 7 from 1:00pm - 7:00pm.  Families need to register in person. They are unable to accommodate phone registrations or registration for another person. The person registering must be the person picking up the basket.  Only one basket per address. Oc  FAMILIES LARGER THAN FOUR PEOPLE should call Thanksgiving Meals on Wheels at 651-699-5404.



Aindah Yung Shelter - will accept students 12-16 years old. Call 651-227-4784/St. Paul.

The Bridge - will accept students 10-17 years old. 612-377-8800 in Mpls



Central Legal - 651-642-1890 (free/low cost) Speaks Spanish

Family Court Services in the Hennepin County Court House...  provides mediation services free to divorcing couples. Both parents need to be willing to mediate and there needs to be no domestic violence between them. Call 612-348-3000

Legal Services/Support for Low Income Parents:

Neighborhood Justice Center, Inc - 651-222-4703

Officina Legal - 651-641-1011 Speaks Spanish

Southwestern MN Regional Legal Services - 651-222-4731

Streetworks Legal Services For Teens -612-252-2735



ADHD/ADD Support Groups for parents of children with ADD/ADHD or parents/adults who may have ADHD/ADD.  Call 952-933-8983 or

ADHD/ADD Website -

Parent to Parent Support Group of Ramsey County call (612) 436-8777. Please call if you are interested in being connected to a parent group (run by parents with support from professionals). The parents in this group have children with serious emotional/behavioral challenges and they connect with other parents for support and information. This group meets monthly. Call the number above if you are interested in finding out the location this month.

Support Group for Parents of Children with Sexual Abuse and Behavioral Concerns. This group are for parents of victims ONLY. Open to parents with children who are of any age. Free. Group is faciliated by a staff from Pathfinders (agency that works with victims of sexual abuse). Call 651-643-3022



Helping Hands walk in dental sliding fee - 651-244-7561

Model Cities - 651-290-9200

Neighborhood Health Care Network makes referrals to community clinics - 651-489-2273

Public Health Services- 555 Cedar St. 651-292-7749

Quan Dental 422 University Ave. St. Paul (651-290-2818) as they used to take referrals from Social Workers for free or low cost dental. Contact Michelle Romano (School Social Worker) if you need a referral.

Sharing and Caring in Mpls - free on Saturday if families do not have insurance - 612-338-4640

U of M School of Dentistry Mpls. 612-624-8400 or 612-625-6444 (braces dept)

Vang Dental Clinic on 367 W. University in St. Paul (222-6738) is still doing free/sliding fee - I know they accept Medical Assistance



Brush with Kindness -  provides free/low cost house maintenance services to low income home-owners. Please call District 10 at 651-644-3889

Community Stabilization Project - 651-225-8778
Call Ramsey County to register with them for emergency financial assistance - 651-266-4444

City of Saint Paul Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention  25 West 4th St. -  651-261-6626

Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties – financial help with heating bills. 651-645-6470

Heat Share - (Salvation Army) -651-224-6946

MN Homeownership Center: 1000 Payne Ave. 651-659-9336

Public Housing  651-298-4444

Ramsey Action Programs (family loans); 651-645-6445

Southern MN Regional Legal Services  Intake by phone is from 9am - 12pm or 1pm-3pm or walk in hours are 8:30am-5pm - 55 E 5th Street #400 (St. Paul), Phone 651-222-4731.  Helps with housing issues.



Hamm Clinic 408 Saint Peter Street Suite 429; Saint Paul, MN 55102  (651) 224–0614

Midwest Children's Resource Center347 North Smith Avenue, Suite #401; St. Paul, MN 55102; (651) 220-6750; Specific therapist: Jody Raymake and Vicki

Project Pathfinder, Inc  Adult, Adolescent or Child and Family Intake Coordinator; 1821 University Avenue West, Suite N385; St. Paul, MN 55104; Phone: (651) 644-8515

Thad Wilderson & AssociatesSt. Paul, MN 55104; (651) 225-8997

Therapist skilled at EMDR - Washburn Center for Children; 612-871-1454.

Wilder  451 Lexington Parkway North; Saint Paul, MN 55104 651-280-2310; Specific Therapist: Gael Thompson



Boys/Girl's Club of the Twin Cities - the Mount Airy Unit at 690 Jackson Street.  651-221-0330 or at the West Side Unit at 291 Belvidere Street.  651-222-2212.  - or the East Side Unit at 1620 Ames Ave.  651-774-5654 - Mondays -Fridays from 3:00pm - 6:00pm.

Lao Family Community of Minnesota, Inc. - Youth Education Program at 320 W. University Ave.  651-209-6808 (speak with Vern Xiong).  Mondays - Fridays for Hmong Students in grades 7-9.  FREE

Neighborhood House at 179 E. Robie Street. 651-227-9291. Mondays - Fridays afterschool and evenings. Grades K-12.  FREE

Study Skills website: